WELCOME TO THE HUDSON VALLEY RAIL TRAIL
▪ A multi-use trail for pedestrians, cyclists & skaters
▪ For everyone’s sake, please obey our safety rules.
SAFETY RULES FOR CYCLISTS
▪ This is NOT a road
▪ GO SLOW nearing pedestrians, pass in single file
▪ When approaching from behind, shout out “on your
left” and/or ring bell
▪ Always give such warning even if room to pass
▪ Keep to RIGHT, no more two abreast
▪ Bell required
SAFETY RULES FOR PEDESTRIANS
▪ ALLOW ROOM for faster users to pass
▪ No more than two abreast
▪ LOOK BEHIND you before passing or crossing
▪ Keep to the right side of the trail.
▪ Leash dogs – maximum 6’ leash length
▪ Be watchful of your children.
▪ According to the Town of Lloyd Local Law 2-1998
▪ Open dawn to dusk
▪ No littering - Carry in/carry out
▪ Dogs must be leashed on a 6 foot or shorter leash
▪ No motor vehicles except electric wheelchairs
▪ No discharging of weapons on or across the trail